Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm no Patti Stanger

I am seriously no Patti Stanger. For poeple who don't know who that is, she's the star of the show "Millionaire Matchmaker" who pairs millionaires up with either another millionaire or someone who is genuine.

I don't know what it is, but all, well not all, but some of my guy friends think that I'm a matchmaker. Two of my guy friends went through my Facebook friends and asked me about girls that they thought were cute. Another one got mad and asked me why I never set a girl that he thought was cute up with him. Well, guys let me tell you this: not girls are matchmakers. And if we do decide to take part in matchmaking, we thoroughly think it through. Or at least I do. I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy thinking about some of my friends getting together, but

I'm serious guys... don't assume that girls are always going to pair you up. When I think of a perfect girl for my guy friend or vice-versa, I will let you know. And honestly, it shows that your desperate. It's hard having your best guy friend get over a girl that he dated for years, always asking you of someone that he can pair you up with. Or my other friend, who quite frankly is more of a family acquaintance now, asking me who a girl is and WHEN I can set him up with said friend. Ugh. I'm sorry.

This all just annoyed me and I had to get it out. But, basically what I am trying to say is guys: when you ask you girl friend(s) to pair you up with someone all the time it just shows that you are flat out desperate and it might even question our friendship with you.

No comments: